To organize my blog better I’m starting this new category of posts called Signal-to-Noise. Such posts will basically be aggregated random links, ideas, thoughts and resources from the .NET community and the technology sector. Here’s today’s scoop …
- A look at the .NET Authorization and Profile Application Block as part of the Patterns & Practices Library.
- Visual Studio “Whidbey” introduces a technology codenamed “ClickOnce” that allows developers to write Windows Forms applications that utilize the powerful features of the client, yet are as hassle-free to deploy and update as a Web page.
- Darrell Norton shares some tips and best practices for NUnitAsp driven testing.
- Generating Thumbnail Images from PDF Documents using VB.NET. [via Stefano Demiliani]
- Convert a DataReader into a DataSet, more-so the on-going discussion is a must read!
- SQL Server 2000 Books Online has been updated.
- AppForge ships cross-platform .Net environment?called Crossfire 5.0, a mobile and wireless cross-application development environment designed for Microsoft .Net developers. Write the?code once and deploy on 90% of the world’s handheld, mobile, and wireless devices including Palm OS, Pocket PC 2000/2002, Windows Mobile 2003, Nokia Series 60, and Symbian UI.