I was looking at Lucene .NET for a full-text search engine implementation?but I was surprised to find out that the Lucene.NET application library is not open source anymore. It has been relaunched as a commercial product called SearchBlackBox. Lucene .NET is the core search technology behind the popular Lookout [continue reading...]
The whitepaper J2EE vs. Microsoft.NET – A comparison of building XML-based web services is now online at TSS. The conclusions seem quite interesting, which also talk about the arguments for, against and supporting both platforms.
- dotText pre-0.96 – Two new features (among others), Search and ScheduledEvents,?in dotText (pre-0.96) that I’ll be?going through?for sure to learn more on the implementation and design. From Scott’s blog: “ScheduledEvents is a?simple API for scheduling a recurring event (or once a day event). Examples would be clearing the
- A new version (4.1.3) of Inno Setup (an application installer & setup creation tool that I use quite frequently) has been released with an all-new Explorer-like folder browser.
- With Visual Studio Whidbey, Microsoft will deliver a set of tools (code-named “Whitehorse”) that enable architects and developers to easily design
- Sample chapters (Part 1 and Part 2) from O’Reilly’s ADO.NET Cookbook
- Ted Neward shares his thoughts on the talk Joel Spolsky gave on “Designing Applications With The User in Mind” at UCDavis
- Microsoft Interview Questions by Chris Sells. [via Jason Salas]
- New article at TSS: Managing